Naoki Yoshida, Director and Producer of Final Fantasy XIV, took to stage in a closed location and revealed information regarding the new Final Fantasy XIV expansion, Endwalker.
- Opening with Trailer
- Scythes confirmed!
- Fall 2021 release
- Yoshida is dressed as the new job wielding a Scythe
- Zenos has changed jobs to the new job
- New Job: Reaper
- New Job original to FFXIV
- Showing a trailer demonstrating job abilities
- Role: Melee DPS
- Shares gear with DRG
- Weapon: Scythe (Two-handed)
- No required class
- Must have Endwalker and have 1 job at Level 70.
- Starting: Level 70
- Welds a scythe for dynamic close-quarter combat
- Calls upon an avatar from the void to join the battle
- Can serve as a host for their avatar
- Job Quests are planned to start in Ul'dah
- More information about Reaper RPR(?) at a later date
- The story will wrap up in Patch 6.0
- There is a LOT of content in Patch 6.0
- 6.1 will start a brand new story
- We will be going to the Moon... but before that, we will be going to Old Sharlayan
- This will serve as the 'Hub city' simialar Crystarium, Idyllshire, Rhalgr's Reach.
- They show a trailer of Old Sharlayan
- This city has VERY important since the early days of Final Fantasy XIV developement
- There was supposed to be 6 starting cities in FFXIV 1.0 - (The other 3 were Ishgard, Ala Mhigo and Sharlayan)
- This was cut to 3 and the ARR rebuild retained this.
- Very important to the story.
Main theme for Endwalker
About 3 to 4 days to come up with the lyrics for the Endwalker theme.
Sophia theme (Containment Bay P1T6) was created in 2 hours.
Amanda Achen also sang the 'Tomorrow & Tomorrow' song
The main vocals were by Sam Carter from Architects
Song contains elements from the Stormblood theme and the Heavensward theme
The trailer is already available on YouTube.
Characters from the trailer
- He will appear in the Main Story and can be used as a Trust in dunegons.
- Very important role in the Endwalker story
- You will find out more about him in Patch 5.5 - Death Until Dawn - Part 2
- Readers of the Encycolopedia Eorzea books may know who he knows.
Massive New Areas
Same amount of areas being added as previous expansions
- It's an underground area with a domain lit by an artifical light.
- Why you need to go there will be uncovered in the expansion.
Thavnair area & Radz-at-Han city
- Shows trailer of Thavnair
- Very colourful
- Showing trailer of Radz-at-Han city
- The sky may not be blue in-game
- New area - No information about it at this time
The Moon - Mare Lamentorum
- Will not say how you will get to the Moon.
- Music is very simialar to The Tempest
- Air and gravity present (This will be explained in the story)
- Mare Lamentorum is just one area of The Moon, not the entire Moon itself.
- Find out more when Endwalker is released.
The Magus Sisters
- You will find Loporrits on The Moon
Also Coming in Version 6.0
(Most of this info was announced at the Announcement Showcase )
- New Healer: Sage
- A Higher Level Cap - Level 80 -> 90
- 5 New Role Questlines
- Trust System Update
- Downscaled Values in Battle Calculations
- No More Belts
- New Small-scale PvP Mode
- New Raid - Pandæmonium
- Island Sanctuary (Mostly solo content and will be updated throughout 6.x)
- Not locked to DoH/DoL
- New Residental District: Ishgard
- Viewing only in 6.0
- Plots available in 6.1
- Making adjustments to housing to prevent 'house cheaters' and RMT
- Investing in new servers for the housing.
- Looking into a 'Lot System'
- Data Center Travel System
- Releasing before 6.0 Patch
- Challenging New Dungeons
- Video showing new dungeons - No names or anything
- New Alliance Raid
- Name: Myths of the Realm
- New original story to FFXIV. No cross-over.
- Collectors Edition
- In-game items
- Arion mount
No discs included
85% of players bought a digital version of FFXIV: Shadowbringers hence the decision to switch to digital only
FFXIV Endwalker: Collectors Edition for PC / Mac Only [This includes the game]
FFXIV Endwalker: Collectors Box for PS4/PS5/Steam Only [This does not contain the game]
FFXIV Endwalker: Digital Collectors Edition for all platforms.
FFXIV Endwalker: Standard Edition for all platforms.
Pre-order Bonuses - "Wind-up Palon Minion" & "Menphina Earring"
EXP earring like ShB
Pre-order also grants "Early Access"
The release date:
November 23rd 2021!
- (Approx 6 months from 5.5 release which is at the end of the month.)~
One more thing
- Male Viera
- Lore about Male Viera will come at a later time!
- "It's coming, but not right now"
One more announcement
Players from over 200 countries
NEW Oceania Data Center
- "Multi-million investment"
- Opens in 6.1
November 23rd 2021 - On Sale
November 19th 2021 - Early Access
PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT!
Mr Square-Enix CEO (Yosuka Matsuda) is on stage.
- He thanks the player for the last 10 yars of Support of FFXIV