WWE Payback PPV 2017 Predictions
Welcome back to the 2017 Predictions for the WWE PPV: Payback.
Off the back of Wrestlemania 33, we have our ‘rubber band PPV’.
(c) – Current Champion
Bold – WINNER
(5/8) Predictions were correct
- Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman – PREDICTION: This fued has gone on for too long an needs to end at this PPV. WWE clearly has no idea what to do with Braun. He needs to fued with Brock Lesnar for the WWE Universal Championship. Neither man NEEDS this win, but WWE wants to put Roman over…So Roman to win!
- Seth Rollins vs Samoa Joe – PREDICTION: This is only a thing because of the whole Triple H fued and now Seth is going against his goons and the first one appears to be Samoa Joe. Samoa Joe to win!
- Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt in a “House of Horrors” match – PREDICTION: Why is this not for the title?!?! Anyway, this is just a wrap up of this fued as both superstars are on seperate brands (Randy is on SmackDown Live and Bray is on RAW) and it would make Randy look weak if he was to lose this match. Should be a key match. Randy to win
- Enzo & Big Cass vs Gallows & Anderson (Kick off) – PREDICTION: “Well, what have we got over here…A couple of Nerrrrdsssss!” – This is a non-existant fued that started on Monday when G&A attacked Enzo. Enzo & Cass to win
- Neville (c) vs Austin Aries for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship – PREDICTION: Neville is ON FIRE lately and his fued with Ausin Aries has proven it. They had a great match at Wrestlemania so this should equally be a good fight. Although, I do not think “A Double” is ready for the purple belt. Neville to retain
- Bayley (c) vs Alexa Bliss for the RAW Women’s Championship – PREDICTION: Alexa, the “5ft of fury” has just switched from SDLive to RAW and is now straight into a RAW Women’s Championship match against Bayley. Should be a good match. Alexa to win
- Kevin Owens (c) vs Chris Jericho for the United States Championship – PREDICTION: This is a predictable match as Y2J is about to leave for a bit to do a tour with his band Fozzy, so here is what is going to happen. Kevin Owens retains and Y2J will remain on RAW with a re-debut before Summerslam or maybe afterwards. Well…Wasn’t I wrong…
- The Hardy Boyz (c) vs Seamus & Cesaro for the RAW Tag Team Championship – PREDICTION: Hardyz are back and better than ever. The
#BROKENgimmick is going to be a big thing going forward (Unless WWE decides to fuck up (which they will)) but this should be a very good match will come down to the wire. Hardy Boyz to retain
While it is not a big PPV, it ain’t a small one too and should provide some shocks if titles did change hands outside of what I have predicted.
I’m a little bit bummed that Randy v Bray is NOT a title match…This would have been a brilliant title match, but WWE doesn’t seem to know how to book a good (read: important) match!
I’ll be in Taima on Sunday night at taima.tv/r/sc from about 10pm so join me there.
And I’ll see you in about 2 weeks for Backlash PPV Predictions 🙂