Rev your engines as WWE heads to Detroit for SummerSlam.
I'm slightly disappointed about the lack of women's matches that is on this card. We could have had 3 or four, but we have a mere 2. One which was thrown together with a random stipulation and a title match.
And can Finn Bálor regain a title that he never lost, 7 years later?
- SummerSlam Battle Royal presented by Slim Jim
- PREDICTION: Only 12 of the 25 entrants have been announced and out of the lot announced so far... LA Knight, YEAH!
- Ronda Rousey vs Shayna Baszler in a 'MMA Rules' match.
- PREDICTION: We don't know what the 'MMA Rules' stipulation entails but this is really a nothing match and I only see Ronda Rousey winning this.
- Logan Paul vs Ricochet
- PREDICTION: This is going to be the match of the night. The two will probably pull off a banger of a match. Logan will win to get the rub.
- Cody Rhodes vs Brock Lesnar
- PREDICTION: Brock Lesnar - I don't believe Cody will pin Brock. If he does, it would only be by shenanigans.
- Gunther (C) vs Drew McIntyre for the Intercontinental Championship
- PREDICTION: Gunther - WWE wants the record to be broken and Gunther is the guy to do it. Sorry Drew, maybe at Wrestlemania.
- Asuka (C) vs Charlotte Flair vs Bianca Belair in a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Women's Championship
- PREDICTION: I despise Charlotte Flair... why is she here. She actively ruins my enjoyment of the women's division because we KNOW the result before it even happens. Charlotte Flair is going to win. Asuka or Bianca should retain/win, but you know it is not going to happen.
- Seth 'Freakin' Rollins (C) vs Finn Bálor for the World Heavyweight Championship
- PREDICTION: A re-match from Money in the Bank and having Finn winning it, would work storyline-wise. He won the title at SummerSlam 2016 but vacated it the next night on RAW due to injury. 7 years later and he could get it. I hope he gets it. Finn Balor to win
- Roman Reigns (C) vs Jey Uso in 'Tribal Combat' for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship
- PREDICTION: If this had been against anyone else, you could have easily put your money on Roman. But this match is serious. The culmination of a 3-year story and the potential end of Roman's VERY long title reign. I can see it happening. I can see Roman losing tonight but it will not be clean. Solo will turn on Roman, Jimmy may come back to attack Roman. Ref bumps, visual pins but Jey will get it done. Jey Uso to win the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship
How are you seeing these matches fare?